About the Seal
Blue, Red, Yellow, and White, reflection of the colors of the Philipinnes 1954, the year Pagudpud was founded
Coconut Tree and Ricefield, represents as farming as one of the economic resources of the town, with coconut, palay and vegetables as its major products
Waterfall, represents Mabogobog falls, which is the source of a Mini Hydro Power Plant.
Mountain, Tree and Logs, represents the forestry resources of the town
Fish and Shrimps, represents its marine resoureces
Shell with Pearl, symbolizes the tourism potential of the town which is famous for its white beaches
North Star, stands for the location of the town of Pagudpud, which is in the northern trip of the Province.
Pagudpud lies on the northwest coast of the province and on the western slope of the Northern Cordillera Mountain Ranges, bounded by the China Sea on the north; the towns of Bangui and Dumalneg on the South ; Adams on the East; and by the south China Sea on the west. The municipality has a flat and mountains topography. It has a total land area of 214 square kilometers and a population of 17,168 in 1995.
Pagudpud was formerly a barrio of the town of Bangui. A group of political leaders, headed by Rafael Rebianos, petitioned its separation from Bangui, but they failed. After World War II, another group, this time led by Constantino Benemerito, revived the old petition.
Through the recommendation of Dr. Damso Samonte, then the Cogressman of the first District, President Ramon Magsaysay signed Executive Order No. 13 on February 3, 1954, separating Pagudpud from Bangui and granting it the status of a town. However, on February 16, 1957 President Ramon Magsaysay issued Executive Order No. 240 abolishing the Municipality of Pagudpud and returning the barrios comprising it to the Municipailty of Bangui, Pagudpud included.
Following Magsasay’s death in a plane crash on March 17, 1957, influential people from Pagudpud and prominent political figures from the province made representations with the Office of the President to make Pagudpud an independent municipality. On January 14, 1959, President Carlos P. Garcia issued Executive Order No. 328, reverting Pagudpud to the status of an independent municipality and returning to it all its former barrios.
Most of the people in the town are engaged in farming, hunting, fishing and livestock and poultry raising. Rice is the major agricultural crop, while coconut, corn, garlic and vegetables are the other important crops grown in the municipality. Copper, feldspar, tektite, pyrite and magnetic minerals are also abundant in this locality. The town produces enough feldspar to supply the needs of ceramic manufacturing firms in Metro Manila.
With its peace-loving people, rich natural resources, and breathtaking tourist attractions like the Sand White Beach, the Kabigan Falls, The Banua Presidential Guest House, the Bagong Lipunan Lodge, The half moon shaped Malingay Bay, and the Maramraot Dam, the first dam constructed in the Philippines, Pagudpud may someday be the Garden City of the North.