PGIN DISTRIBUTES SALARIES TO 255 SPES BENEFICIARIESAug 17, 2017
SPBM Manotoc: "Keep exploring, keep yourself busy" for the province
Senior Provincial Board Member Matthew Marcos Manotoc through the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) spearheaded the distribution of salaries to 255 beneficiaries of the second batch of the Special Program for the Employment for Students (SPES) last August 15 at the Ilocos Norte Centennial Arena.
The beneficiaries were deployed in either their respective municipalities or other local government offices, rendering services for a total of 20 working days.
The SPES grantees have received 60% of their salary coming from the Provincial Government and they are hoping to receive the other 40% from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) the soonest.
Manotoc encouraged them "to keep going, keep exploring, keep yourself busy and find what you want to do outside of the classroom. This is a good experience and hopefully you will be working here in our province. Continue what you have started and do what you love to do," adding that one must have passion to succeed in any working environment.
He emphasized the importance of remaining productive in order to build and develop a greater Ilocos Norte.
Wilson Balisacan, a third year Communication Arts student of Mariano Marcos State University, thanked Governor Imee R. Marcos for implementing the program and providing youth with such training opportunities.
"Nakapinpintas daytoy a programa kasi i-encourage-na kami ken i-motivate tapno agadalkami a nalaing tapno ma-reach-mi dagitay dreams-mi, and of course matulunganmi pay dagiti parents-mi in sending us to school financially." (Napakaganda ng programa kasi ine-encourage kami na pagbutihin ang aming pag-aaral para maabot namin ang mga pangarap namin and natutulungan din namin ang mga magulang namin sa pagpapa-aral sa amin, lalo na sa pinansyal.)
Meanwhile, Mrs. Jocelyn Campos, a housewife and mother of another SPES beneficiary shared that she is proud to have noticed changes in her daughter's attitude and work ethic after she availed of and experienced the program.
"Agyamanak la unay ken apo Gobernadora Imee gapo ti panangtulongna kadagiti estudiante nga agkurkurang ti gastosenna nga agbasa. Sapay koma ta itultuloyna dagitoy a programa tapno dagitoy ubbing ket alisto danto a makaala ti pagtrabahuanda." (Nagpapasalamat ako kay Gov. Imee dahil malaki itong tulong sa mga estudyante, lalong-lalo na sa mga nagkukulang ng panggastos nila sa pag-aaral. Sana ay ipagpatuloy niya ang programa para 'pag nakatapos sila ay mas madali na silang makahanap ng trabaho.)
Aside from the SPES, the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte also offers a similar learning and earning opportunity for both youth and senior citizens, through the Summer Tourism Program, employing them as tourist aides and ambassadors during peak tourism seasons.